NORMA Brass - 308 Winchester – NEW - QTY 50
NORMA High Performance Brass Cases – Unmatched Reloadability - Unprimed
This is the sporting version of 7,62x51mm NATO. It was introduced by Winchester in 1952 - only a year after the new NATO cartridge. As most other military cartridges it was expected to become popular for hunting quickly and Winchester wisely decided to make a civilian version with their name.
The purpose of the new military design was to make a more compact cartridge with a quicker cycle rate than the .30-06, and enabling a soldier to carry more rounds. It also has excellent accuracy potential and is favored by many target shooters. As the .308 Winchester fits into short bolt actions and delivers almost the same energy as the .30-06 with medium weight bullets it has become one of the most popular cartridges in the world.
The case capacity is not suited to bullets much heavier than 180 grains, however, and accordingly some hunters finds it too light for the largest species like the big bears. It is important to know that the .308 Winchester is not entirely identical to the 7,62 NATO in all dimensions due to differences in tolerances, and some rifle chambers cannot handle military ammunition.
- Neck – Annealed to achieve proper elasticity and prevent splitting, NORMA cases are then put through a final polish process to ensure superior appearance in addition to superior performance
- Shoulder – NORMA applies over a century of experience and proprietary tooling to ensure dimensionally perfect headspace
- Body – Laboratory Inspection ensures proper hardness over the length of the case; softer at the neck, getting progressively harder towards the case head.
- Tolerances – In-house tooling production allows NORMA to not only control tolerances of the finished product, but of the production tools and machines themselves. With tooling tolerances down to 7 thousands of a millimeter, NORMA is proud to have the tightest tolerances in the industry
- Flash Hole – Three quality control inspections for the flash hole ensure a perfect centered and burr free product. Bench rest quality in every case!
- Primer Pocket – Proper hardness of the primer pocket is critical to long case life. At NORMA, each production run is tested to a minimum of ten reloading cycles.
This is new factory brass, but it may not be packaged in retail packaging.